Pants: Ann Taylor (Similar HI, Similar LO), Shirt: Banana Republic, Cardigan: Zara, Shoes: Aldo, Bag: Fendi, Watch: Michele, Bracelet: Tiffany&Co., Necklace: Fantasy World Jewelry in Miami, Brooch: Twinkle, Twinkle in Miami, Earrings: Charter Club, Sunglasses: Gucci
What better way to celebrate the goodness that is Friday, than to talk about the ever-confusing "Casual Friday." The term Casual Friday means different things in different office settings. But, here are a few tips that should have you looking casual and office appropriate no matter where you work.
- DO choose wider legged jeans/khaki's/trousers. Wider legged bottoms are more flattering and can appear less body-conscious. This is important because you always want to look professional at work, even when you're rocking a casual outfit.
- DO pick jeans/khaki's/trousers in a darker colorway. The lighter the bottom, the less formal the look. Although I'm a huge fan of light jeans, they are definitely hard to pull of in a more conservative workplace.
- DO steer clear of printed or ratty t-shirts. While t-shirts may seem like a natural choice for a casual day, they can seem a little "living-room," as opposed to "board room." Try wearing a cotton button-down shirt or silk blouse to add a little polish to your casual outfit. However, if you're a t-shirt fanatic, covering up a crisp and solid-colored tee with a sharp blazer is a great compromise.
- DO top yourself off with a cardigan or blazer. I'm convinced that you could throw a blazer on top of pajamas and still look chic. It really is the cure-all. When in doubt throw on a blazer or a cardigan and you're instantly office ready :). Here, I chose my trusty $10 cardigan from Zara
- DO accessorize. Casual Friday is the day to throw on cute nail polish and that statement necklace that you've been dying to show your office buddies. I usually whip out my brooches on Casual Friday's. Here, I used the brooch to close up my cardigan, instead of using the cardigan's buttons.
- DON'T think too too hard about this. It's Friday, and you're hours away from freedom!!!
Have an amazing weekend loves! I'm planning on getting my hair done. What are you doing this weekend? :)
Lots of Love,